- Part of the Pittsburgh Public Schools
- http://www.pps.k12.pa.us/peabody/site/default.asp on PPS site
- http://piaa.org/schools/directory/details.aspx?ID=11406 at PIAA site
- FAX: 412-665-2077
- Ex-Principal: Ms. Kellie Abbott as of 2010
- Assistant Principal: Mr. John Plavetich
- Liza Simmons, Athletic Director
- Peabody been a neighborhood School serving Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- Peabody High School is going to close at the end of the 2010-2011 school year, in June 2011. The final graduation class is the Class of 2011. Students in grades 9, 10, 11 need to go to another school at the start of the 2011-2012 school year. Most are expected to go to either Westinghouse] or U-Prep.
- Peabody includes a robotics magnet program.
- 515 N HIGHLAND AVE, PITTSBURGH, PA 15206
- (412) 665-2050
- Fax (412) 665-2077
Put your edits here.
The school is to close in June 2011, so the ideal enrollment is zero.
Wiki chart of enrollmentEdit
|Template Name||Enrollment #||source|
|/HS boys||171||via PPS|
|/HS girls||155||via PPS|
|/9+10+11 boys||304||via PIAA|
|/9+10+11 girls||271||via PIAA|
|/ideal combined||0||via reformers|
|/ideal boys||0||via reformers|
|/ideal girls||0||via reformers|
- PIAA Enrollment Figures reported from October 15, 2009 and snapshot from October 2010
- Total Enrollment = 575
- Female Enrollment = 271
- Male Enrollment = 304
- Total Enrollment = 575
- Enrollment at Peabody as reported by PPS site, snapshot from October 2010:
Total Students: 326 African-American: 303 (92.94%) American Indian: 0 (0.00%) Asian: 2 (0.61%) Hispanic: 3 (0.92%) Multi-Racial: 5 (1.53%) White: 13 (3.99%) Male Students: 171 (52.45%) Female Students: 155 (47.55%)
- http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11149/1149728-53.stm Last graduation in spring 2011, feature from the Post-Gazette
- The building known as Peabody will become the long-term home of Pittsburgh Obama in the fall of 2012. Then it will be for grades 6 to 12 with all the students in the International Baccalaureate academic program.
Note coaches, team page links, class size per team, records and status reports, facilities used, possible classifications of PIAA and WPIAL, rivals.
- Football team did not make the playoffs in 2010, but did win its final football game. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/highschool/football/s_706976.html
Music, Drama, AcademicsEdit
In building surroundingsEdit
- Locker areas:
- Parks, fields, and other venues within a 20-minute walking distance for team and community use.
- Engineering reviews
- Engineering magnet
- Japanese is taught.
- In school
- Computer labs
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh branches:
- Input welcomed. Edit me.