- Track star from Netherlands Antilles (also known as AHO)
- Competitor in 200 meters in 2008 Olympics along with Usain Bolt
- 24 in 2008
Sprinter Martina gets hearing in Olympic medal case for running outside of laneEdit
LAUSANNE, Switzerland -- Sprinter Churandy Martina will get a hearing in December 2008 in his bid to win reinstatement as silver medalist in the 200 meters at the 2008 Olympics. The parties have agreed the case will be decided by a single arbitrator instead of the usual CAS panel of three lawyers. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more/11/07/sprinter-court-date.ap/index.html
200 meter results in 2008 Olympics Edit
- Usain Bolt, world record of 19.30 seconds
- Churandy Martina DQed, crossed the line second in 19.82.
- Wallace Spearmon of the United States (also known as USA) finished third but was disqualified for running out of his lane.
American team officials studied video of the race and then asked the IAAF to disqualify Martina as well. The team claimed the protest was filed outside the 30-minute, postrace limit.